CERTIFICATE IN SOCIAL WORK AND WELFARE
This programme takes one and a half years and by the end of this course, the trainee should be able to:
- Understand various intervention measures in solving social problems in a society
- Use local resources to empower the societies in order to become self reliance. .
- Appreciate the role of communication in social work
- Understand various methods and approaches used in social development activities
- Appreciate the importance of involving other professionals in the development and solving social problems in a society.
- Promote ethical and legal practices in appraising and solving social development problems
- Appreciate the importance of self-entrepreneurial skills in the national development
CSW 3102: Communication Skills
CSW 3103: Information Communication Technology
CSW 3104: Introduction To Community Development.
CSW 3105: Social Work, Theory and Methods.
CSW 3006: Social Research Methods.
CSW 3107: Social Policy and Administration.
CSW 3108: Project Development and Management.
CSW 3109: Human Growth and Development.
CSW 3110: Sociology.
CSW 3111: Law In Social Work
CSW 3112: Advocacy and Lobbying.
CSW 3113: Community Capacity Building And Partnerships
CSW 3114: Counselling Skills.
CSW 3115: Project (Not Teachable In Class; Supervisory
CSW 3116: Field Practicum and Report
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE D or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- Course open to Beginners, Community development workers, Welfare officers and Fresh students
DISTANCE LEARNING STUDENTS