KISWCD is managed by a Board of Governors who are experienced in the areas of Social work, Educational Institutions management, Business Management, Human Resource Management, Finance and Accounting, Psychology, Environmental Health, Counseling and Law among others. The BoG is the highest policy making body of the College. It comprises 7 members who meet at least three times a year.
FUNCTIONS OF THE BoG
- Provision of advice on all academic programmes
- Planning and development of physical facilities for the purposes of learning and teaching.
- Sourcing and the efficient management of the College’s finances which includes receiving all fees, grants, donations and any other income to the Institution.
- Organize, direct, supervise and monitor approved projects and programmes of the Institution
- Recruit, appoint and discipline all members of staff.
- Regulate the admission of students to the courses.
- To deal with student disciplinary cases.
- To approve the annual budgets of the College.
The Chairperson of the Board chairs all Board meetings and the minutes are taken by the Secretary of the Board who is the College’s Principal. All Board Members are appointed by the Director of KISWCD. They are appointed for a period of three years which is renewable. The daily management of the Institution is undertaken by the Principal of the College. Each course is represented by a student, who is elected by the class.
BOARD OF GOVERNORS
|Dr. Caroline Vihenda Ayuya||Chairperson [B.Ed.-HAU/MA/Phd-Daystar]|
|Benjamin Muoka Mutie||Member [BA/MA-UON]|
|Mwende Mutua||Member [BA/MA-UON]|
|Harrison Mutisya Kiamba||Member [BA/MA-UON]|
|Victoria Mumbua Muoka||Member [B.Ed. – KU/ MA – UON]|
|Dr. Rev Wesley Nyagah Muruki||Member [ BA-PAC/MA/Phd-LUA]|
|Joyce W. Mwaghadi||Secretary [BA/MA-UON]|