CHIV 3800: CERTIFICATE IN HIV/ AIDS
This is a one year course. At the end of the course the trainee should;
- Understand the role of HIV/AIDS in the development of the organizations goals.
- Understand the legal provisions that govern HIV/AIDS management.
- Demonstrate competencies in prevention, management, care and support of HIV/AIDS patients.
- Appreciate the role of networking and partnership in the prevention, the fight, management, care and support of HIV/AIDS.
- Understand global trends in HIV/AIDS and situations.
- Demonstrate high competence in application of appropriate knowledge and skills in the management and control of HIV/AIDS.
- Demonstrate understanding of innovative ways of being self reliant.
- Apply life skills and behaviour change and communication knowledge in enhancing positive attitudes and prevention measures towards HIV/AIDS and other pandemics in the society.
CHIV 3801: English Language
CHIV 3802: Communication Skills
CHV 3803: Information Communication Technology
CHIV 3804: Introduction To HIV/Aids
CHIV 3805: Counselling In HIV/Aids
CHIV 3806: Social Research Methods.
CHIV 3807: Office Management
CHIV 3808: Entrepreneurship
CHIV 3809: STIs And Opportunistic Infections
CHIV 3810: Voluntary Counselling And Testing Techniques.
CHIV 3811: Professional Ethics In HIV/Aids
CHIV 3812: Home Based Care Management
CHIV 3813: Nutrition In HIV/Aids
CHIV 3814: Social Mobilization And Marketing
CHIV 3815: Healthcare Waste Management
CHIV 3816: Project (Not Teachable In Class; Supervisory Unit)
CHIV 3817: Practicum
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE D+ or KCE Div. 3 or the equivalent
- Course open to Beginners, Community development workers, pastors, Welfare officers and Fresh students