FREE SHORT COURSES
TRAINING ENDORSED BY INTERNATIONAL LABOUR ORGANIZATION FACILITATORS
WEEKDAYS AND SATURDAYS PROGRAMMES 2019
OUR FREE SHORT COURSES
- Trainers/Facilitators Workshop
- Business Startup Skills
- Customer Care skills
- Technical Report Writing and Presentation Skills
- Fleet/ Transport Management
- Life Skills Training
- Participatory Learning and Action Techniques [PLA]
- Proposal Development, Writing and Presentation Skills
- Participatory Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
- Financial Management for NGOs/CBOs /FBOs
- Disaster Preparedness and Management Skills
- Social Research Methods and Skills
- Peace, Conflict Management and Reconciliation skills
- Environmental Impact Assessment and Audit
- First Aid Training and Emergency Management
- Community Resource Mobilization and Management
- HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Counselling and Support
- Social Advocacy and Lobbying skills
- Drug and Substance Abuse, Prevention and Rehabilitation
- Community Nutrition Assessment skills
- Statistical Package for Social Sciences [SPSS]
- Effective Management of Schools and Colleges
- Effective NGOs/ CBOs Management Skills
- Trauma and Crisis Counseling
- Effective Leadership Skills Development
- Project Management skills
- Book keeping for Non Accountants
- Stress Management at the work place
- Strategic Planning and Management of Projects
- Community Capacity building skills
- Behavior Change and Communication In HIV/AIDS
- Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Transformation Skills [PHAST]
- Social planning and Impact Assessment
- Social Mobilization and Marketing Strategies
- Business Skills and Development of Micro Enterprises
- Effective Communication and Presentation Skills
- Gender Mainstreaming for Development
- Counseling Skills Development
- Preparing for Retirement workshop
- Nutrition in Emergencies
- Advanced Training of Trainers Workshop
- Logistics and Procurement Management Skills
FREE TRAINING WORKSHOPS CALENDAR 2019
Download the FREE TRAINING WORKSHOPS CALENDAR 2019
The main objective of our short courses is to train as many people as possible in selected short courses so that they can go out there and empower the community.
Why train in KISWCD?
- Regional reach – KISWCD is a regional training Institute with student s from neighbouring countries which include Tanzania ,Uganda, Sudan, Somalia and Malawi
- Personalized attention – Only a small group of participants are recruited in each course to allow for personalized attention and assistance.
- Staff experience – Our trainers are well versed in their areas of specialization and are current in the latest education and training skills. They are practical oriented.
- Non – discrimination – the institute does not practice any form of discrimination in regard to gender, colour, race, tribe, religion or nationality.
- Affordable learning – The training fees has been set at a competitive level to make the training accessible to all.
- Conducive study environment – Kenya Institute of Social Work is easily accessible from Nairobi City Center and virtually all the suburbs of Nairobi.
- Qualified members of staff – our lecturers hold very high qualifications in the category of Bachelors and Master and Professional Certificates in their areas of specialization.
- Library – We have one of the best libraries, fully equipped and computer catalogued.
- Teaching Methodology – We use the most modern way of data presentation using the Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Participants will be provided with free writing materials
- All weekday courses will run for 5 days
- All Saturday courses will run for 4 days
- Registration fee will be Kshs 1,000
- A maximum of 20 participants will trained in each course
- Participants will be registered on a first come first served basis
- On REQUEST, participants will be provided with the following at a cost of Kshs 2,000
- Reading materials (Hard & Soft copies)
- A certificate of Training
- Certificate of training will be issued to those who have attended all the training sessions.
To keep costs down, participants are asked to look for own accommodation.
KISWCD will assist participants to get safe and secure hotels for accommodation.