DIPLOMA IN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (KNEC)
This programme takes three years and by the end of this course, the trainee should be able to:
- Understand various intervention measures in solving social problems in a society
- Use local resources to empower the societies in order to become self reliance.
- Appreciate the role of communication in social work
- Understand various methods and approaches used in social development activities
- Appreciate the importance of involving other professionals in the development and solving social problems in a society.
- Promote ethical and legal practices in appraising and solving social development problems
- Appreciate the importance of self-entrepreneurial skills in the national development.
The following modules/units will be covered:
MODULE I UNITS
ENG 999: English Language
DCD 1101: Communication Skills
DCD 1102: Information Communication Technology
DCD 1103: Introduction To Community Development
DCD 1104: Social Work Theory And Practice
DCD 1105: Development Economics
DCD 1106: Entrepreneurship
DCD 1107: Community Based Organizations
DCD 1108: Community Capacity Building And Partnerships
MODULE II UNITS
DCD 1109: Social Research Methods.
DCD 1110: Resource Mobilization And Fundraising
DCD 1111: Project Management
DCD 1112: Advocacy And Lobbying
DCD 1113: HIV/Aids And Other Pandemics
DCD 1114: Basic Mathematics
DCD 1115: Resources Management
DCD 1116: Statistics
DCD 1117: Legal Aspects In Social Work
DCD 1118: Project (Total Supervisory Unit)
MODULE III UNITS
DCD 1119: Transformation And Social Marketing
DCD 1120: Community Development Methodologies
DCD 1121: Management Of Community Concerns
DCD 1122: Community Leadership
DCD 1123: Gender And Development
DCD 1124: Practicum
- Minimum qualifications are KCSE C- or KCE Div. 2 or the equivalent
- Certificate in Community development, Social development, Social work, Community Health, Counseling and Psychology.
- Course open to Beginners, Development workers, Social workers, Project managers and Fresh students